RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #5903833970 at 06/30/2022 09:14 pm:

clone21 commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

You are spot on. And I think most people still don't understand, Google is an AI company, they want to use AI to automate everything! I mean, EVERYTHING, they hire top talents to develop AI for everything, the past years are just in this process, before AI mature, chaos guaranteed, thus the chaotic SERP as everyone see. Google update daily, AI everywhere in their algo, this will only more fierce, not stop. Welcome to a chaotic SERP era.

Comment ID #5903821161 at 06/30/2022 08:52 pm:

seojoe33 commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Since June 24, my organic duckduckgo traffic is up 11.27%, Bing is down 7.5%. Nothing too alarming. On the other hand, Google organic is down 68.6%. Completely ridiculous.. I simply fell off the Google SERP for many long tail posts.

Comment ID #5903754805 at 06/30/2022 07:07 pm:

Andrea Larson commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Rankings that returned after May 2022 update, disappeared again. What's going on? :)

Comment ID #5903705792 at 06/30/2022 05:59 pm:

Sarfraz Khan commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

half of my pages have disappeared from serps. I think this is the end of my 7 years of blogging career. I don't have any livelihood other than this. I don't know what will I do.

Comment ID #5903700094 at 06/30/2022 05:52 pm:

Golden Phoenix commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

It is just nonsense to automate things like this. I spent 3 hours with my web host going through every file and we could not find the link Google was complaining about. In any case, this afternoon Google got back to me and said they couldn't find the link anymore so they whitelisted it again. I am not going to spend a penny with these guys. Forget it.

Comment ID #5903698647 at 06/30/2022 05:50 pm:

Just an interesting observation, I am now starting to rank for a few more keywords but only singular form and not anywhere in the top 10 pages in plural form. I am not seeing that much increase in traffic. Just thought I'd share. I haven't changed anything but just started doing a few YouTube videos. These pages that are getting some ranking back don't have YouTube videos though.

Comment ID #5903691518 at 06/30/2022 05:41 pm:

Lostmojo commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Checking the DA has the same worth as following John Mu

Comment ID #5903667105 at 06/30/2022 05:14 pm:

Jannette commented on Google To Kill Google Analytics 3 For Google Analytics 4 - Reaction Ain't Pretty

What kills me the most is the reduction in data retention to max 14 months. You lose the ability to see long term seasonal cycles. In higher education, we have a very long conversion period, often a year or more. So this severely limits us when analyzing year over year metrics.

Comment ID #5903586239 at 06/30/2022 03:48 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

What Shane is saying is he recently lost many long tail keywords (but not the one or two word keywords). He explained this in the comment below.

Comment ID #5903578297 at 06/30/2022 03:40 pm:

Circeus commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

What is the "long tail keyword issue"? I've never heard of it.

Comment ID #5903574469 at 06/30/2022 03:36 pm:

Userofweb commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

I can't help you. I can't even help myself. Start here for Super Ranker: /google-search-ranking-magic-signals-31707.html

Comment ID #5903564760 at 06/30/2022 03:26 pm:

Alfiansyah commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

You are 100% correct sir.

Comment ID #5903563193 at 06/30/2022 03:24 pm:

Agree with you

Comment ID #5903556821 at 06/30/2022 03:18 pm:

UncleKrusty commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Yes, Google's big push for EAT was for them to eat our lunch, breakfast and dinner so we STARVE.

Comment ID #5903546643 at 06/30/2022 03:08 pm:

Kevin commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Hey userofweb, do you mind if I send you an message on discord, skype, or email? I'd really like your opinion if you don't mind spending a few minutes. I totally agree with your point about the final ranker. There are some websites that have such good designs for SEO, but not very good content so the only way Google could figure out how to get rid of them is with a "super ranker". Sites like Gear Hungry that ranked for almost everything for years

Comment ID #5903545863 at 06/30/2022 03:07 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Product Grid Results Are Organic

Wow, that definitely looks like an organic result for me. Just leave only top 3 websites in all SERPs and get rid of all other at this point. What is this masquerade for?

Comment ID #5903530289 at 06/30/2022 02:51 pm:

Cobra Kai commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

Exactly.

Comment ID #5903528862 at 06/30/2022 02:50 pm:

That is what happens when you hire based on anything else than competence and only idiots end up working at Google.

Comment ID #5903523047 at 06/30/2022 02:44 pm:

I don't see anything at my end. Although I'm not having problems with long tail keywords, but all keywords in general. But I'm really happy you're seeing some positive changes.

Comment ID #5903512545 at 06/30/2022 02:36 pm:

"has a daughter who" - That's a perfect summary of what is the most impactful factor in the decision making of our politics.

Comment ID #5903504516 at 06/30/2022 02:27 pm:

They do not practice what they preach. They don't care about millions of people and their livelihood. All they care about is filling their own pockets and maximizing their profits at the cost of everyone else. If your last name is not Musk you can't do anything about it.

Comment ID #5903500170 at 06/30/2022 02:23 pm:

It is pretty much obvious to me I've been pushed down in search just to make room for more low quality e-commerce pages. EAT is nonsense, CWV are nonsense, quality content is apparently also nonsense. And what the hell happened with all this bullsh*t about the product updates? They said the richer quality, the more rewarded the website will be. Where is all of that? I can't see it. All I can see are thin or even empty pages of those who advertise with Google or who can generate them a profit in any other way. If I hear John saying "create quality content" ever again I swear I'm gonna...

Comment ID #5903498478 at 06/30/2022 02:21 pm:

Snacky Smores commented on Google Offers 8 Tips On E-Commerce SEO

Exactly. Shopping ads are beyond trash, well lately, unless you're spending 10k+ monthly, their PPC is also trash. I wonder how much of a cut Google gets from their big tech buddies to push merchants on big tech platforms to sell their products by sabotaging organic rankings for small business.

Comment ID #5903493650 at 06/30/2022 02:19 pm:

Sounds like a simple rotation.

Comment ID #5903485923 at 06/30/2022 02:11 pm:

I completely aree. I've never been hit/impacted by anything in the last 7 years so this update is indeed unusual to say the least. And there's no consistency in which the websites were impacted at all. Nobody seems to have any idea what actually happened.

Comment ID #5903480354 at 06/30/2022 02:05 pm:

Well, nothing changed for me with this update (or whatever it is). It must be one of those "regular" ones that never have been impacting me at all. I'm still down about 40%, and still slowly loosing keywords/positions and as a result traffic. Although not as much as prior to about two weeks ago. Only at a ratio of 2:1 when it comes to lost/declined keywords to new/improved, instead of 3:1. And unfortunately I don't see any logic with the movements. Some keywords of an article decline, while similar on which I rank in another article improve. There's no consistency at all. I'm pretty sure whatever happened during the last month resulted in a decrease of my DA. In Google's eyes the worth/quality of my website went down. The biggest problem now is that I'm not sure I can efficiently compete in search with high/medium DA websites (not to mention all the Google's darlings). While up until the core update the high quality articles of mine gave me some kind of leverage over the low quality, thin e-commerce pages, this seems to be less the case anymore. If the only solution is to literally flood my website with tons of articles over a period of at least 12 next months just to recover the lossess, maybe it's indeed a perfect time to call it quits.

Comment ID #5903474812 at 06/30/2022 01:59 pm:

Please also stamp this down your brains: Even if your page scores 9/10 on every metric, the final ranker (which is on top of everything) can multiply your score by 0. The Super Ranker (which is the actual final stage) can easily kill the best of sites right at the very top.

Comment ID #5903465116 at 06/30/2022 01:49 pm:

Quantum Quentius commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

There is nothing typical about this update whatsoever. It looks like Google Search itself is broken at this point. I've never seen results this bad.

Comment ID #5903376971 at 06/30/2022 12:21 pm:

Shane Ryans commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

With our sites we seen the opposite. During the update our one and two word search terms stuck. However we lost hundreds of long tail keywords (For us long tail is phrases with 4-5 words). Some of these keywords only had 8 documents in the index but for some reason we lost the rankings we noticed this even on a 16 year old site with a DA of 50)

Comment ID #5903365526 at 06/30/2022 12:10 pm:

vishal goyal commented on Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Brewing Again June 27-28th

I don't know but it's like Google have changed the intent of the keywords signal. I am ranking for random term in article but not for main keyword. And lots gain & loss of ranking going on, the SERP is not settled yet.